Yup! We're having a baby! I've been dying to tell you all and to finally just share the good news. It's funny because for December I had all of these blog posts planned and was so ready for holiday season, when suddenly we found out we were having a baby and it all changed. With
I had been suspecting something was different, but it wasn't until that pregnancy test turned positive that my doubts were confirmed. It was very late at night after coming back from hanging out with friends, who funnily enough asked us when we wanted to have kids and our answer, not anytime soon, that I convinced my husband to buy a pregnancy test just in case. In two seconds that little positive line showed and I ran to the office where my husband was, "OMG! I'm pregnant! I'm pregnant, I mean... I think I'm pregnant... Maybe it's all in my head, maybe I didn't check right..." We both made our way to the bathroom and yes, there it was, staring at our face. Double lines. It's a feeling difficult to explain. I was excited but oh so full of nerves and in a surreal state.
Best moments so far:
- That time my husband came home from work and after kissing me, then swoops down and kisses my belly for the very first time. It was probably one of the sweetest moments in my life and something I will never forget.
- Telling my family. Since it was Christmas time I bought little booties for my parents and a bib for my husband's parents and wrapped it in Christmas gift bags. When I gave my mom the present, she immediately complained that she didn't like opening Christmas presents before Christmas day, and after she opened it she started crying and my dad started, well, half crying, and I cried too. With my hubby's parents, they opened the present stared at it for like a minute, said thank you looking a little confused, and then... They were OVER the moon happy!
- Seeing my little baby's heart beat and having that first ultra sound pic. So surreal. And funny, because you are literally looking at a dot, but to you it's the most beautiful dot you've seen your whole life.
- Sleeping, sleeping and sleeping some more. I'm taking it ALL in before I get a lot of not sleeping.
Not so great moments:
- Morning sickness. Or better yet, all day sickness. :P
- Hating foods and smells you once loved.
- Wondering if you really are pregnant or if you made this whole thing in your head. It happens. Even after the doctor's already confirmed it.
- Being tired all the time.
- Not being able to tell people.
- Worrying about every little pain and cramp.
It's been an incredible experience so far and I'm so ready for 2015! :)