I wanted to add something new to these old jeans that I've had for almost 3 years now. So the first thing I did was to make them skinny jeans, you can see the tutorial for that HERE and then since they already were looking a little old I decided to go with it and distress them with a couple of rips. And here's how you can achieve that look.
1) Put your jeans on and with chalk mark where you want the rips to be. It's important that you do this with your jeans on or you might have a whole in an unwanted place. If you want to rip your jeans at the knee like I did, bend your knees a little and make the mark right at the center of your knee.
2) Take off your jeans to cut. To cut your jeans pinch the fabric making sure you only have the front side in your fingers and with the scissors make a small cut horizontally. After you've made your cut, place your scissors inside the cut, and cut the slit to make it bigger but try to leave a finger in between the side seams of your jeans.
3) Now to make that "distressed" look, take a needle or anything with a thin sharp point and pull the threads of the both sides of the cut out.
4) Like this. And continue until you have enough strands.
5) This should be the end result.
This might be a little tricky to understand but I hope you were able to achieve the perfect distressed look. If you have any questions please leave a comment.