clothes swap ideasclothes swap tipsgirl party ideasgirlfriends party ideasjulijuli fashionjuli williamsJuli Williams Blogparty ideasparty themesTipswhat is a clothes swapwhat to bring to a clothes swap
Clothes Swap PartyTuesday, April 22, 2014
I presented the idea of having a clothes swap party to some of my friends and I was extremely surprised that they had no idea what a clothes swap was all about.
If you've never heard of a clothes swap party either get ready to have the time of your life and add some new pieces to your wardrobe for FREE. :)
A clothes swap party's whole idea is to get a bunch of friends together and ask them to bring clothes they want to get rid off, they've never worn, or that they don't wear anymore and at the party all of the clothes are organized together and everyone gets to pick and swap items to add to their wardrobe. Doesn't that sound like a great way to get rid of clothes you don't wear anymore and add new pieces to wear?
This party can a ton of fun so if this is your first time throwing a party like this I wanted to add some tips for a successful swap.
1. Not Just Clothes: Don't limit your guests to just bring clothes. You can add shoes, hats, rings, necklaces, bracelets or even nail polish. Allow your guests to bring anything they think they can swap.
2. Invite. Invite. Invite: The more people you invite the more possibilities, sizes, and styles you will be able to get. So make sure you invite a lot of different girls so everyone can find something they like. And remember it's always a plus to invite your fashion loving friends. ;)
3. Get Organized: Before your guests arrive make sure to have a place where you can organize all of the different items. And as people arrive separate clothes into sizes and categories so everything is visible and people can swap easily. Also, tell your guests to bring bags they can take their things with. And make sure people don't start swapping until everyone (or most everyone) arrives so everyone has an opportunity to swap.
4. Have fun: Even though you're hosting the party make sure you get some time to swap also. Don't try to control the situation, once everyone starts swapping it will be a mess, so don't stress, swap and have fun, the cleaning up will be done later. Just have fun with your girlfriends and add some cute pieces to your wardrobe too.
5. Donate: After the party is done there will probably be some things left over, so this is a great way to help your community as well. Take only the clothes that are in good condition and throw away the ones that you feel are not. And with the items left over take them to your local Good Will or Salvation Army and donate. <3
Hope you have a fun clothes swap party!